Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Blessed are the Meek

"Blessed are the Meek for they will inherit the earth." Matthew 5:5.

Have you realised that’s it’s ok to be a nothing? Paul said at one point, “Notice brothers that many of you who have been called are nobodies according to the world’s standards”

We don’t need a high education to be ok
We don’t need to make a lot of money to be ok
We don’t need to be better looking than most to be ok
We don’t even need to be in a romantic relationship to be ok

In fact, accepting our nothingness is a prerequisite for our journey to heaven. There is nothing we can do, nothing we can say, no one we can be to make ourselves worthy of forgiveness.

So relax. Enjoy your life because there is a God and He loves you. Everything that belongs to God belongs to His children. We don’t need to wait for heaven. We can have a healed, intimate and forgiven relationship with our Creator now. The only requirement? Just be yourself. Don’t pretend to be more or better than you are. Don’t pretend that you don’t need God in order to be a good person.

“A devout life does bring wealth, but it’s the rich simplicity of being yourself before God.” 1st Timothy 6:6

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Should one pretend to be less than one is?

Thesauros said...

No, people who are special should just stay that way.

World of Facts said...

The only requirement? Just be yourself. Don’t pretend to be more or better than you are. Don’t pretend that you don’t need God in order to be a good person.

Personally I would not be myself if I were to say that I believe in a god, because THAT would be pretending to be someone I am not. Does this mean that I pretend to be a good person without God? I don't think so, because I don't pretend to be a good person, period. I feel like it is the case but it's based on the attitude other people have toward me, they're the judges, not myself.

Unknown said...

Hugo: Very amusing.

I find it interesting that Christians would probably agree with the thesis of your comments: I don't pretend to be a good person. Christians are always going on about how we're all sinners, even devout Christians.

Of course... you don't write it while secretly saying in your heart, "...but at least I'm going to heaven."