Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blind Faith or Willing Submission?

Fatalism means, “MY number is up; I have to bow to the Power whether I like it or not; I do not know the character of the Power, but it is greater than I am and I must submit.”

Atheists, as I have said before, rightly or at least understandably rebel at this concept.

The submission of faith on the other hand, is that I DO know the character of the Power and it leads me to say with confidence, “Though He slay me, yet will I serve Him. I submit to the One whose character I know even thought His ways are obscured in mystery for now.”

If we are Christians, then we DO know the character of God because it has been revealed to us in the person of Jesus the Christ. “The one who has seen Me has seen the Father.” (John 14:9)

No comments: