Sunday, January 3, 2010

Purity in a Corrupt World.

“Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God.” Matthew 5:8

Jesus said, “The one who loves Me is the one who obeys Me.”

Well, I can obey God - sorta - but can I obey Him with a pure heart? Mmm, not so much.

Even as I open the door for someone I’m aware of the positive impression that it will leave. Every act of kindness, every little compassion shown, every comfort given comes with a smudge of corruption. It shall ever be thus. This is who we are. This is why Jesus came to save us from ourselves. Jesus came to give to us, His purity.

To receive purity from Jesus, we must have entered into a relationship with Jesus; a healed and forgiven relationship with Jesus.

Doing good things for others will make a good impression. There’s nothing wrong with that. Doing good things for others with the INTENT of making a good impression is where the problem lies. Only you and God will know which is which.

Create in me a clean heart, O God
Renew in me a right spirit