Thursday, July 30, 2009

Like A Rock

"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." Jesus

Those on the outside don't get the miracle involved in something like this. Why? Because water, living or other wise does not naturally flow from a rock.

That's what we're like in our pre Christian days. Hearts of stone. Cold and unfeeling. That is why God says in Ezekiel 11:19 - "I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them. I will remove from them a heart of stone and give them a heart a flesh." As with Moses in the Sinai, drenching the desert with water from a rock is something only God can do.

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Ps. 63:1

A Samaritan woman, much like any one of us encountered the One who told her where she could find THE source of life, whereby she would never thirst again. I can testify that He still lives and still provides.

No comments: