Saturday, July 4, 2009

Heard at Camp

So I went and picked up my two eight-year-old boys from camp yesterday. We're sitting and watching the wind-up program. R. leans over and says,

R. "I had a good time at camp."

Me. "Good."

Long Pause of watching.

R. "If you did something wrong you had to go and see Dave in the office."

Me. "Oh."

Long Pause of watching.

R. "I had to go see Dave."

Me. "Oh."

Long Pause of watching

R. "I threw a stone."

Me. "Oh."

Not very long pause.

R. "I hit somebody with the stone but it was an accident."

Me. "Oh."

R. "He cried a little bit."

Me. "Mmmm."

R. "They made me move a pile of rocks from one place to another place."

Me. "That sounds ok to me."

R. "Ya. Otherwise I had a good time at camp."

Me. "Good."

Dave is a good friend so I'll find out what really happened at some point.

1 comment:

Flute said...

Moving stones up and down stairs was the standard punishment at my school (for the boys). For minor things like forgetting books. One or two teachers were more creative, I remember a girl having to hold a Bible straight ahead for a few minutes.
For disobedience, it was "the strap"