Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Ain’t Coming Back!

Just back from two wonderful weeks in the Canadian Rockies. Perfect! Well, as perfect as a holiday with five little kids can be. Our oldest son and daughter-in-law met us there. They’re good people. I'm really pleased with the woman that our son married. Good talks, good walks, fabulous scenery, and the kids practically lived in the water. They had a wonderful time.

Anyhow, we’re leaving for the lake in a few days and to be honest, I don’t think I can bring myself to return to the blogging ring. Particularly as it applies to atheism. Talking to atheists has, for me, become too sad. I know, there are innocents passing through who might benefit from hearing the truth, and who are at risk for being drawn in by atheist nonsense. But there are ample resources - other faithful men and women who are more than capable of presenting that truth.

I don’t mean that I’m not going to blog any more. I’m just not going to blog with the intensity and the focus that I've been to this point. Atheism may or may not be the object of any given post. I find pathological thinking a powerful hook and therefore atheism makes it difficult for me to look the other way.

Thanks to those of you who have tagged along. Best regards. I hope to hear from you in the future.

A special note to Personal Failure - For some reason I care about you, about your well-being. Please stay safe. May you be granted a willingness and a desire to be loved by the greatest Love in the entire universe. Good luck.

2 comments:

The Maryland Crustacean said...

Welcome back, Mak.

I have very mixed feelings at reading your post, as I imagine you had mixed feelings about writing it. When I first discovered your blog a few short weeks ago, I was struck at the skill, patience and perseverence with which you calmly preached the Gospel and "gave a reason for the hope that is within you", even as you answered the onslaughts of a multitude of atheist bloggers your site has attracted. I also found your site content and knowledge quite prodigious.

So I am a little disappointed that you will be scaling back, but also quite understanding. Not that my modest blog is anywhere in the same league as yours, but I deliberately chose to make The Maryland Crustacean more eclectic, covering a number of topics that are of interest to me, including of course Christianity and apologetics, but also politics, travel, family, and my beloved Italy, among others. The mixture of fun and serious topics helps me keep my sanity.

Anyway, I am glad you aren't going away altogether. I have learned a lot in the short period of time I have been reading your blog, and I hope to still benefit from your writings.

God bless you and your family, Mak. I am certain we will meet some day, even if not in this life.

Leo B. Vadalà
http://mdcrustacean.blogspot.com/

Thesauros said...

Oh me too Leo. See you there. And thanks for your encouragment.