Thursday, August 6, 2009

Many ways to love God

I was just reading about a guy named Hicks who says that all spiritual paths are actually different means of worshipping the same God. Of course Hicks doesn't mean the God of the Bible. In fact this pluralist excludes that concept of God. What Hicks means is that we're all worshipping or that we we're all on different paths to a god that he describes as the "Real." That's not my point.

My point is this. Imagine you just caught your spouse having sex with another person. And when you express your outrage, disappointment and hurt, your spouse says, "Yes I was sexually intimate with this other person but I was really loving you."

Would that be believable to you?

Do you think it'll be believable to your Creator?

Na, me neither.

No comments: