Thursday, October 16, 2008

I give up - Really!

When I first started wandering through atheist blogs, I naively believed that if the writer simply heard the facts then s/he’d reconsider what was being said. I’m embarrassed to say how long it took me to see the error of my ways. Then I thought, ‘I can’t just abandon the cause. While the writers of the blogs may be immune to logic, what if someone who is undecided reads these blogs and is taken in by the striking contradictions?' eg. “I understand that OUR universe can’t be infinite but our universe came from one that existed before it.”

Dear God the stupidity is too, too much to bear. I can't do this anymore!!!

Nevertheless, I trudged on, playing the game “mole hole” whacking errors as they popped up here and there. Yesterday was my final coin. I’m still not sure if it was deliberate or not but the “feigned” ignorance that was present in my last interaction was just over the top.

Two atheists were explaining MY lack of understanding regarding the Big Bang. According to these two individuals, the “universe” prior to Planck time was a tiny egg of matter “floating” they actually said “floating” around - wait for it - “in the universe” and then for natural reasons yet to be explained, it exploded and the rest, as they say, is history.

The stupidity of it all brings a tear to my eye even as I relive the painful experience. So, that’s it. If atheists want to be rid of Christian travellers, I recommend “pretending” to be the village idiot. Keep responding to “Whatever BEGINS to exist requires a cause,” with, “Well if everything that exists needs a cause . . .” And respond to “Without God there are no objective moral values and duties,” with, “So you’re saying that atheists can’t be moral people. . .” and sooner or later, we’ll just hang our heads in despair, throw up our hands in wonder and go away.

Or at least, I will. I know I’ve said it before, but this is the real deal. The ache in my chest is getting too deep. I fear that it might not be sorrow after all.

Good luck on your journey.

No comments: