Saturday, November 17, 2007

From Where Do You Draw Your Strength?

“I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.” 2nd Timothy 1:12

There was a time when I needed evidence to believe that Jesus was real and that the message that He preached was genuine. Now, because I know Him so well, I would believe in Jesus even if no other evidence existed. In fact there isn’t any evidence that could make it so I wouldn’t believe in Jesus. He is as certain to me as the coming of the morning star.
.I know that when I have failed, He will forgive me.
.I know that when I need direction, He will guide me.
.I know that when I’ve taken a wrong turn, He will correct me.
.I know that when life turns difficult, He will never leave my side.
.I know that when fear begins to creep under the door, Jesus reminds me that I can lie down and sleep in peace for He alone provides for my safety.
.I know that when life becomes stormy, He will see me through the storm.
.I know that Jesus has yesterday, did today and will tomorrow bring peace to my heart, joy to my soul, confidence and courage to my mind.
.I know that my redeemer lives.

While I am far from perfect, I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in me will carry it out until it’s complete.

“Now faith is being convinced of things hoped for, being certain of things not yet seen.” Hebrews 11:1

No comments: