Sunday, July 27, 2008

Citizen of Heaven

God’s kingdom is part of my life - right now. I am a citizen of heaven. I am an ambassador of heaven. I am a representative of heaven informing others of opportunities that await them, opportunities so grand that they cannot imagine the possibilities. Must one wait until heaven to get a glimpse of what the kingdom is like? Absolutely not. For those in a right relationship with Jesus, we can experience in the here and now, peace, hope, joy, security and belonging - all despite circumstance and all within the context of the suffering that we experience during our life on earth. We can know what it is like to experience a presence of love so powerful that at times I’m tempted to holler “Stop Father! It’s too wonderful. Let me catch my breath.”

Being part of God’s kingdom now entails the knowledge that we are already in an eternal relationship with our Creator. This is not something for which we must wait. His kingdom power supplies all my needs and fulfills all my dreams. For those who are now part of God’s kingdom, satisfaction, excitement, expectation and longing are expanded to their fullest meaning possible. My life, right now is “hidden with Christ in God” “What can mere man do to me.” Because I am a son and an heir with Christ Jesus in spite of all the tragedy that has befallen me, I am more than a conqueror unbowed by the circumstances of life. I have worth and I have value because I am a child of God, a citizen of His kingdom and an heir to His eternal riches. I am blessed beyond my most extravagant dreams. Never did I ever thing that my life would be this good.

Thank you Heavenly Father, King of kings, and Lord of lords.

No comments: