Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pick Me! Pick Me!

I’m 15-years-old. I’m standing in the gym with the rest of my class and the teacher has told the two best athletes in my grade to pick players for basketball.

Crap! I hate this! I suck at basketball. No one in his right mind would want me on his team. I’d probably score on our own basket IF anyone was stupid enough to pass the ball to me. Well I may as well get it over wi . .

“Rod”

“What?”

“Ya you. Get over here. You’re on my team.”

Is this a dream? Why in the world would He do that? There is absolutely nothing about me that He would find valuable or worthy or a benefit to His team.

“Why would you pick me? I’m a total screw-up.”

“Cause I like you.”

I look at Him in amazement. Jesus, the Best of the Best has picked me to be on His team. Well, I can’t help it if I’m lucky. I’m going to get on with enjoying the rest of the day.

No comments: