Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thanksgiving

. What a wonderful thing it is to have Someone to thank when one is feeling grateful.
. What a wonderful thing it is to be loved.
. What a wonderful thing it is to be loved by Someone who knows all my faults, my weaknesses and my failures.
. What a wonderful thing it is to be loved and cared for by Jesus, who knows not just the sins of my past, but the sins of my future as well.
That Jesus is my friend is something that can only cause a sense of thankfulness.

. What a wonderful thing it is to be accepted as I am, but loved enough to not be left that way.
. What a wonderful thing it is to know that Jesus will not walk away or give up on me when I repeatedly disappoint Him.
. What a wonderful thing it is to know that Jesus is willing to lead me back to the right path even though I continually choose to go down the wrong path.
. What a wonderful thing it is to know that God died for me, despite my life of lies, insensitivity, pride, lust and anger.
. What a wonderful thing it is to know that God died for me precisely BECAUSE of those things.

I am so thankful to God for His creation, for my marriage, for my family, for my health, for all His material provisions, for joy and for a deep abiding sense of peace.

Thank you Lord God, my Saviour, Redeemer, Counsellor and Friend.

No comments: