Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Better Than I Ever Dreamed Possible

I am so tremendously blessed by God. Not only has He revealed Himself to me, not only has he given to me salvation through my faith in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. God has given to me, in enormous amounts, the Fruit of abiding in His Holy Spirit. It is sooo good to be a Christian. It is so good to be able to enjoy who I’m becoming, and to know that I am loved by my Creator.
Before I was a Christian, I thought I was a pretty great individual. In reality, I was filled with rage, bitterness, resentments, selfishness, self-centeredness, self-righteousness, unfaithfulness and so on. Now, with no credit going to myself, I am experiencing huge amounts of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. Since becoming a Christian, 25 years ago, every year has been better than the year before, and this is in the midst of difficulties. In fact I've probably had far more difficulties in my life since becoming a Christian than before I made that change. Yet God, in His grace and mercy has granted me enough faith to actually live by verses that tell me to "not be anxious about anything," and "don’t worry," and "in all things be thankful," and "rejoice always, I say it again, rejoice." Here's what really makes that wonderful.
I’m sick day in and day out. I've lived with arthritis for 45 of my 55 years and I have huge amounts of pain all day every day. I’m on disability, probably for the rest of my life. And yet I experience God as being so incredibly good. I experience Jesus as being so close that my every pore is infused with His presence. His creation is so awesome. His mercies truly are new every morning.
I am free to enjoy my Lord, my Saviour, my Creator because I know for a fact that I can trust Him. He has never left me nor will He ever leave me. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. I can have more and more of His blessings and more and more of the Fruit of His Spirit. Thank you so much Heavenly Father for helping me to focus just on us.

No comments: